Region 10 is using a Regional Leg Tag program that makes showing easier for both competitor and show holder. As a show holder there are a few simple things that you can do to make reporting show results faster.
1. Be sure that you have a correct horse list from each entrant, with horse numbers listed.
2. Provide judges with a clear form for writing down numbers only for class results. (See judges form at the end)
3..When typing up results with Microsoft Word, you only need to type the horse number in the results. For example:
Class 1.Open Harness (6 entries)
4. Then use find and replace to put in the names:
1. Click on Edit
2. Then click on find
3. Type in the horse's number
4. Click on Replace
5. Type in the horses name and owner's initials
6. Click on Find Next
7. Click Replace All
5. It will now look like this throughout the whole document:
Class 1. Open Harness (6 entries)
1. Nicholane Fancy Horse (ln)
and so on...
6. Then start over with the next horse, and follow the above
7. With this method, your judge does not have to write down long names, that are often misspelled, just numbers. The person typing results only has to type the horse's name once and it will be filled in on the whole document and results can be completed faster and more accurately.
If this is set up like your classlist and results page, it will be very easy to go into the computer and add horse numbers. Make sure that they judge has a good working pen, and that they write neatly.
Class #1 (# entered:_)
Class #2 (# entered:_)
Class #3 (# entered:_)
Class #4 (# entered:_)